Re: Image Retrieval Methodology Needed

From: WiseGuy <kanucme_at_notyet.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2004 23:45:21 -0500

On Fri, 05 Mar 2004 15:04:37 -0800, Daniel Morgan <damorgan_at_x.washington.edu> wrote:

>Steve wrote:
>> I have a huge collection of images stored within Oracle (datatype
>> "Long Raw"). Periodically, I need to extract any number of images,
>> creating individual .jpg files from them.
More specifically.. if you are using anything prior to 9i R2, then you will need C, Java, or some other 3gl solution. However, with 9i R2 you can use UTL_FILE.WRITE_RAW command which will write data to file on the filesystem.

>> I need to be able to perform this, preferably thru a DB procedure
>> (yeah, PL/SQL) to which I pass parameters.

>If by 'extract with PL/SQL' you mean create files on a hard disk it
>isn't going to happen. Look for someone to write some code for you
>in C or Java.

MylxHQ - Oracle Resource Portal
http://oracle.mylxhq.com
bsc7080mqc_at_mylxhp.com
(replace mylxhp with mylxhq to reply/contact) Received on Thu Mar 11 2004 - 22:45:21 CST