Re: How to REPLACE a unique field?

From: Ramon F Herrera <ramon_at_conexus.net>
Date: 10 Mar 2004 06:04:46 -0800

Daniel Morgan <damorgan_at_x.washington.edu> wrote in message
> How much data are we talking about and in what version of Oracle?

Oracle is 9iR2, soon to be moved to 10g.

The input file.dat is 1.1 GB, containing 15 million records. However, after SQL*Loading the data, there are only 115,000 unique records, and each one of them is the FIRST that was seen by sqldr, which may be obsolete. I'd like to have every repeated record overwrite the previous one (they are loaded in chronological order) and in that way I will end up with the most up-to-date info about every employee.

TIA, -Ramon Received on Wed Mar 10 2004 - 08:04:46 CST