Re: jdbc and version number

From: Mark Bole <makbo_at_pacbell.net>
Date: Tue, 09 Mar 2004 03:08:04 GMT

Krum wrote:

> Can I connect to Oracle 9. or 8. with 10.1.0.2 JDBC driver or the version
> numbers should be identical??

You should be able to connect successfully to 10.1 or 9.2 server versions using a 10.1 client. It is not essential in general that client and server version numbers be identical (the EXPort and IMPport utilities being one exception).

As a practical question, have you tried it? Did it work, or did you get an error? Please post specifics if available.

If connecting to an 8.1.7 database is an absolute requirement, I recommend sticking with a 9.2 client.

--Mark Bole Received on Mon Mar 08 2004 - 21:08:04 CST