Re: i need help please

From: Van Messner <messner1_at_NOSPAMbestweb.net>
Date: Thu, 4 Mar 2004 12:53:23 -0500

Once you settle on a database, you'll also need to do some database design reading. Geographical information has very interesting hierarchies and labels. For example, in the US we have counties in each state, but in Louisiana they're called parishes and in Alaska they're called boroughs (I think). Almost always a neighbornood is within a town which is within a county. Yet five counties lie inside New York City. And wait 'til you try to figure out hierarchies in France and Russia. Good luck.