Chained Rows

From: Oliver Stratmann <yxcsstratmoqwert_at_gmx.de>
Date: Tue, 2 Mar 2004 21:28:34 +0100

Hello All,

we have a table which has about 600.000 rows and the size of about 700 MByte.
This table was initialized first with not all columns being filled and afterwards calculation-results
were added into empty columns.
Though before the table was reorganized by a MOVE and the PCTFREE-parameter was set to 40
after the calculation 100% of the rows seem to be chained (result of "ANALYZE TABLE T LIST CHAINED ROWS IN CHAINED_ROWS"). I read a few FAQs and Docs about this problem but probably i've misread them or overread the important parts of them. I couldn't find an answer.
Are there any hints you could give?
Thanks in advance!

Bye!
Oli

PS:
The Storage-Clause in more detail:
PCTFREE 40
PCTUSED 40
INITRANS 1
MAXTRANS 255
TABLESPACE tbspace_name
STORAGE (
INITIAL 314572800
NEXT 104857600
PCTINCREASE 0
MINEXTENTS 1
MAXEXTENTS 2000000 Received on Tue Mar 02 2004 - 14:28:34 CST