Re: Informatica and Cognos

From: Ed <gumzilla_at_optonline.net>
Date: Mon, 01 Mar 2004 23:33:02 GMT

That's exactly my concern: Is it a thinly-veiled scheme to get me to pay for training? I wonder if they can, or how they can, guarantee me a steady stream of contract positions, so that paying the money will be too much of a burden and I have nothing to show for it. Actually, I don't have to pay up front- they said that they often consider it a "deferred loan," and that I'd be working on projects, and wouldn't have to pay until sometime in 2005. If they can guarantee that I'll be working steadily, with little or no break between contracts, I don't see a tremendous downside to it.

Are the tools- Informatica and Cognos- really that worthwhile having in my CV? So long as I have the training and some hard-core industry experience under my belt, it would seem to be pretty reasonable.

Henry