Re: Oracle HTTP Server

From: Frank van Bortel <fvanbortel_at_netscape.net>
Date: Sun, 29 Feb 2004 16:33:49 +0100

Jackie wrote:

> Hi I am a student who is studying 4ge languages using Oracle so I downloaded
> oracle817ntee.zip. When I unzipped and installed it it also installed Apache
> server. Do I need that and if not can I do anything with it?
>
> Thanks Ron

NO you don't need it - neither do you "need" an oracle database. You can open up your database to the web, if you like, there is a module, called modplsql, that let's you do it.

Apache (or Oracle Webserver Powered by Apache, as it officially is called) has been discussed in c.d.o.x newsgroups last few weeks. Search archives for links and tutorials.

--

Regards,
Frank van Bortel