Re: PEAR DB 1.6.0 has been released - now OT if not originally

From: Ed prochak <ed.prochak_at_magicinterface.com>
Date: 27 Feb 2004 11:30:59 -0800

Jonathan Leffler <jleffler_at_earthlink.net> wrote in message news:<rqT_b.8456$aT1.5985_at_newsread1.news.pas.earthlink.net>...
> Nonsense wrote:
>
> > SPAM
>
> In comp.databases.informix, your posting was fine. I suspect the same
> was true of comp.databases.ibm-db2, but would defer to the denizens of
> that group if there is disagreement.
>
> It appears that your posting to comp.databases.oracle.server and
> comp.databases.oracle.misc was misguided under the rules of those
> groups. In future, post to comp.databases.oracle.marketplace - simply
> to avoid the barrage of negative emails. I agree that it seems
> unnecessarily hostile - maybe they simply aren't attuned to open source.

Jon,
being "attuned to open source" has nothing to do with scolding posters of spam.
Look at the motivations and actions and you'll see that.

And as I mentioned elsewhere, announcing PEAR DBMS in the oracle marketplace group is likely off topic too. It would be equivalent to posting ads for DB/2 in the oracle marketplace group.

 There are charters that define the topic areas for groups in the main groups. It may be time for all of us to reread them and see what belongs and what doesn't.

ed Received on Fri Feb 27 2004 - 13:30:59 CST