Re: Oracle with Windows XP Home Edition

From: Hans Forbrich <hforbric_at_yahoo.net>
Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2004 17:16:34 GMT

Paul wrote:

> Surely they patch the downloads as well - OK, so this might mean a new
> download of 5 Gazillion GB. I am a proud user of the downloaded version
> of 9.2, because I want to learn - I believe that this is one of the
> reasons that Oracle makes its system available for download?

They make the first issue of each major release available to allow developers to look at the new features and possibly incorporate them into new work. I guess the database is 'a new feature' to those trying to learn it.

If a specific capability is upgraded significantly, the upgrade may be made available for download separately.

But no, they do not provide any patches for download. Note that my definition of patch only includes error/security correction, not feature improvement or addition.

This is my opinion only, based on observation I have no current direct connection with Oracle Corp.
/Hans Received on Fri Feb 27 2004 - 11:16:34 CST