Re: Oracle with Windows XP Home Edition

From: Paul <paul_at_not.a.chance.ie>
Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2004 16:37:27 -0000

hforbric_at_yahoo.net says...

> I note that the majority of people who use an uncertified operating
> system are also using the downloaded version of the database. The
> implications include: no patches for the user and no revenue for
> Oracle on that unlicensed copy.

Surely they patch the downloads as well - OK, so this might mean a new download of 5 Gazillion GB. I am a proud user of the downloaded version of 9.2, because I want to learn - I believe that this is one of the reasons that Oracle makes its system available for download?

Paul...

--
plinehan  y_a_h_o_o  and d_o_t  com
C++ Builder 5 SP1, Interbase 6.0.1.6 IBX 5.04 W2K Pro

"XML avoids the fundamental question of what we should do,
by focusing entirely on how we should do it."

quote from http://www.metatorial.com