Re: snapshot too old

From: Daniel Morgan <damorgan_at_x.washington.edu>
Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2004 10:01:43 -0800

x wrote:

> "Daniel Morgan" <damorgan_at_x.washington.edu> wrote in message
>

>>Could you please find a single document supporting any of your
>>statements from:
>>
>>otn.oracle.com
>>tahiti.oracle.com
>>docs.oracle.com
>>asktom.oracle.com
>>
>>or any other reputable source?
>>
>>There is not a single sentence above that appears to be valid.
>>

> When I said "And don't use larger rollback segments, since it won't solve
> your problem", I ment don't go increasing rollback segments, since there is
> easyer way to solve this than waisting disk space. If you don't agree,
> explain.

I don't agree. Disk is cheap. A few hundred dollars will buy you tens of gigabytes of space. Larger rollback segments are about the least expensive thing you can do to an Oracle database.

And I disagree that there is an easier way ... Tom Kyte has very clearly stated the solutions. And I'll follow Tom's advice every day of the week before believing anything on metalink. Or haven't you noticed the amount of bad metalink advice we complain about here?

--
Daniel Morgan
damorgan_at_x.washington.edu
(replace 'x' with a 'u' to reply)