Re: PEAR DB 1.6.0 has been released

From: Galen Boyer <galenboyer_at_hotpop.com>
Date: 26 Feb 2004 10:03:14 -0600

On Fri, 20 Feb 2004, damorgan_at_x.washington.edu wrote:

> All SPAM is bad spam. I don't care if you are giving it away
> for free. I don't care if you personally show up, install it,
> configure it train on it, and then give me a check for $50: It
> is still spam.

I'm on the fence on this one. What is different from what this guy posted and what Jonathan Lewis posts every month?

Sure, Jonathan is a great contributor, and well respected, but he is "advertising" a site. Is it so different, or is every posting's "Spam rating" to be analyzed on a case-by-case basis. I would never call Jonathan's postings spam, but I also have a hard time truly distinquishing that from the original posting in this thread.

About a year ago, I had embarked on building an open source Oracle extension to Emacs to allow for dynamic query building within Emacs by interacting with metadata from Oracle. I never finished it, but had I actually published it to the Open source community, I certainly would have let people in this group know. Would I have been chastised for that?

--
Galen Boyer