Oracle OCI, COM+, dblinks and Multi Threaded Server????

From: Royco <bla_at_bla.nl>
Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2004 15:31:01 +0100

Hi,

Situation as follows
- a C++ component with OCI-calls running under the control of COM (w2k)

Initially we received an Oracle error 24777 : Use of non-migratable database link not allowed.

After reading some documentation we decided to configure Multi Threaded Server but now the database-server processen are instable. Doing something like "insert into database2 as select from a table in database1" hangs up the database-processes.

Is there some thinking-error in our solution????? How can I make a 'transactional' com-component doing selects and updates in more then 1 database?

roy Received on Thu Feb 26 2004 - 08:31:01 CST