Re: Help for Oracle

From: Jim Kennedy <kennedy-downwithspammersfamily_at_attbi.net>
Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2004 02:23:39 GMT

"Eitan" <no_spam_please_at_nospam.com> wrote in message news:403d0af1$1_at_news.012.net.il...

> "Volker Hetzer" <volker.hetzer_at_ieee.org> wrote in message :
> >
> > "Eitan" <no_spam_please_at_nospam.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> > > Hello,
> > >
> > > I want a simple *.hlp (or *.chm) file, for all the commands +
functions
> for
> > > oracle database, please.
> > There is no such thing.
>
> I just want a help file, that I can reffer it as a technical reference.
> I once had sqlora.hlp (some thing simmiliar on it's name - may be
authorised
> by borland, I don't remember).
>
> Thanks :)

hlp and chm files are MS proprietary files. Oracle supplies all of its documentation in 3 formats. Hard copy, PDF and HTML format. The HTML format even comes with a Java searcher. Sign up on otn.oracle.com and look at documentation. It is arranged like several books. Look in the chapter of the appropriate book for the information you need. HTML and PDF are very standard formats.
Jim Received on Wed Feb 25 2004 - 20:23:39 CST