Re: PEAR DB 1.6.0 has been released - now OT if not originally

From: Ed Avis <ed_at_membled.com>
Date: 25 Feb 2004 21:58:42 +0000

Jonathan Leffler <jleffler_at_earthlink.net> writes:

>It appears that your posting to comp.databases.oracle.server and
>comp.databases.oracle.misc was misguided under the rules of those
>groups.

I think this is still open to debate - I can't see anything in the charter of oracle.misc that would make it against the rules - but we will discuss this on the Oracle groups themselves.

Personally I am pleased to hear about free software related to Oracle and I don't consider it spam for the simple reason that no money is involved. I completely agree with the people who say they will never give money to spammers, but in this case it's irrelevant because free software projects do not require payment.

--
Ed Avis <ed_at_membled.com>