Kerberos and Oracle ASO

From: Matthias Haslbeck <Matthias.Haslbeck_at_nkk.de>
Date: 25 Feb 2004 08:04:55 -0800

I'm trying to configure Kerberos for use with Oracle9i Database through ASO (Advanced Security Option) and Windows 2000 Server with Active Directory.
When trying to get the initial ticket with the okinit utility there's always the error message: "Improper format of configuration file". So i reviewed my krb5.conf file a few times but i can't find the mistake. Here's the content of the file:

[libdefaults]

default_realm=MYCOMPANY.LOCAL
[realms]

nkk-1gje43lrh5h.mycompany.local={kdc=mycompany.local}
[domain_realm]

.mycompany.local=MYCOMPANY.LOCAL

"mycompany.local" is the domain of my network and should be the realm of the KDC. "nkk-1gje43lrh5h" is the name of my server which hosts the Active Directory.

Please tell me what's wrong! Received on Wed Feb 25 2004 - 10:04:55 CST