Re: PEAR DB 1.6.0 has been released

From: Daniel Morgan <damorgan_at_x.washington.edu>
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2004 13:45:40 -0800

Ed Avis wrote:

> If you consider that posting details of PEAR is spam, what is the
> appropriate forum for such announcements?

Thank you for asking.

Had you read the FAQ for these groups you would have seen that we intentionally created a group for those with products and services so that they would have a place to post without antagonizing their customers. That place is:

comp.databases.oracle.marketplace.

As you've likely noticed we jealously guard our other groups. We have even pounced on Oracle itself for posting improperly.

Thank you for cooperating and no doubt it will help you gain new business.

--
Daniel Morgan
damorgan_at_x.washington.edu