Re: Calling a stored procedure / package from Crystal Reports.NET

From: Daniel Morgan <damorgan_at_x.washington.edu>
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2004 22:53:58 -0800

Bernie Yaeger wrote:

> Hi Jim,
>
> What do you mean by '/package'? Calling a stored procedure is simple -
> simply identify it when establishing the data source. Am I misinterpreting
> what you want to do?
>
> Bernie Yaeger

Calling a procedure in a package requires a different syntax from calling a procedure. The OP was just making sure there wasn't a problem from Crystal. A perfectly reasonable concern.

If you don't know what a package is then you'd best find your way to http://tahiti.oracle.com and
http://www.psoug.org/reference/packages.html and learn about them.

There is almost no excuse for writing a stored procedure in Oracle. If your code isn't in a package you should have to justify why.

--
Daniel Morgan
damorgan_at_x.washington.edu