database creation assistant fails

From: Tim Herty <tim.herty_at_onlinehome.de>
Date: Sun, 22 Feb 2004 18:56:27 +0100

Hi folks
I installed ORACLE 9i R2 on a Redhat Linux 9.0 But the database creation assistant fails to create the GENERAL PURPOSE template I selected.

The progress bar goes up to 46% and then it hangs.

I can´t get any usefull errormessages out of the $ORACLE_HOME/oraInventory/logs/installActions2004-02-22_04-25-06PM.log

Can I start dbca in a verbose mode from the shell?

I´ve read the UNIX install and Admin guides from ORACLE.COM but they´re not usefull at all on this problem. Received on Sun Feb 22 2004 - 11:56:27 CST