Re: PEAR DB 1.6.0 has been released

From: Daniel Morgan <damorgan_at_x.washington.edu>
Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2004 22:44:06 -0800

Fernando Nunes wrote:
> Daniel Morgan wrote:
>

>> Analysis&Solutions wrote:
>>
>>> Crack open the beer,
>>

>> How often do we get the chance to be spammed by someone too rude
>> to read the FAQ, to lacking in respect to post in the appropriate
>> usenet group, or more deserving of being ignored.
>>
>> Yeah ... lets celebrate a spammer trying to sell is stuff. This
>> must be an internet first.
>>
>> When you get done being giddy try apologizing. I hope everyone
>> ignores your post and treats you with all the respect you have
>> earned.
>>

> I'd bet you can call it SPAM... But PEAR is part of the open source PHP
> web development package.
> As such, i'd call it "not bad spam" (?!). He isn't earning anything
> except maybe (bad?) reputation.
>
> PEAR pretends to be a layer of abstraction between PHP and the database
> (yeah... it would be great to have really portable SQL :P)
>
> Just a thought... please don't flame me and don't be "inflamed".
>
> Regards.

All SPAM is bad spam. I don't care if you are giving it away for free. I don't care if you personally show up, install it, configure it train on it, and then give me a check for $50: It is still spam.

The lack of netiquette is inexcusable and the posting invites others that are selling products and services to think such postings are tolerated: They will not be.

--
Daniel Morgan
damorgan_at_x.washington.edu