Re: PEAR DB 1.6.0 has been released

From: Jan M. Nelken <Unknown.User_at_Invalid.Domain>
Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2004 14:46:00 -0500

Fernando Nunes wrote:

> I'd bet you can call it SPAM... But PEAR is part of the open source PHP
> web development package.
> As such, i'd call it "not bad spam" (?!). He isn't earning anything
> except maybe (bad?) reputation.

I am sure he is not only earning bad reputation; he is also shooting himself in the foot (or perhaps in both feet).

I am sure that majority of the people posting and reading here are - or will - subscribe to The Boulder Pledge ("Under no circumstances will I ever purchase anything offered to me as the result of an unsolicited e-mail message. Nor will I forward chain letters, petitions, mass mailings, or virus warnings to large numbers of others. This is my contribution to the survival of the online community.").

So he simply rejected as potential customers majority of people posting here.

Jan M. Nelken Received on Fri Feb 20 2004 - 13:46:00 CST