Re: How to create/drop a database from Java (via JDBC)?

From: Steffen Siebert <news_at_SteffenSiebert.de>
Date: 20 Feb 2004 00:43:53 +0100

    D> hmm yeah - didnt think hard enough really, can java fork out to     D> a shell and run OS commands?

Yes of course. But I would prefer a native java solution, which is likely to exist since oracle's dbca is written in java :)

    D> But it needs to be asked 'why'

Because our java soft needs to be installed on several platforms with several database systems. So we wrote a java program which creates the database for our application on MS-SQL, Postgres and SAPDB. And now we also need oracle support.

(Is 'why' really a question a programmer is allowed to ask? ;)

Ciao,
  Steffen Received on Thu Feb 19 2004 - 17:43:53 CST