PL/SQL: parsing csv string and return it as rowset

From: joes <joes_at_bluewin.ch>
Date: 19 Feb 2004 13:51:18 -0800

Hello there

I have currently in a table csv concateneted strings. Now I got the beautiful task to build reports on it, but for this I have first to splitt those in their respetive tokens and build tables on it.

So my first idea is to do this at the fly. Means building a view on this which uses a PL/SQL function for the parsing of the strings.

Unfortunately I have to use Oracle 8.1.7. I have seen that Oracle 9 supports "pipelined" returns of tables, but version 8 does this not.

So I need a little bit more help to get this done. Could you bring me up with some good examples and suggestions how I could solve my challenge ?

thank you best regards
Mark Received on Thu Feb 19 2004 - 15:51:18 CST