pro*C compiler for Oracle

From: Ian <ianthestan_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 19 Feb 2004 05:30:59 -0800

Hi,
I am trying to find info about C compiler that works with Oracle 8 on Solaris(Intel) so that I can develop Pro*C programs. I have heard that although gcc is not offically supported it can work. However, I have searched but am unable to find any reasonable Information about this. I get numerous errors when trying to compile with gcc.
Can anyone point me to where I can find a guide to gcc and Solaris/Pro*C?
I was using a trial version of Sun Forte C which worked great, but it has expired and I am only a Uni student - can't afford to buy the license yet.
Any help appreciated
regards
Ian

ps return email to Xestacey_at_chariot.net.au remove the X first. Received on Thu Feb 19 2004 - 07:30:59 CST