Re: inline out-of-line

From: Daniel Morgan <damorgan_at_x.washington.edu>
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2004 12:34:06 -0800

Vu Pham wrote:

> "Daniel Morgan" <damorgan_at_x.washington.edu> wrote in message
>

>>Vu Pham wrote:

> [...]
>
>>>Could you please tell me a little bit more about this ? I can't find the
>>>relationship between tablespace and constraints. ( You can see that I am
>>>just a  rookie in this field ).
>>
>>ALTER TABLE mytable
>>ADD CONSTRAINT pk_mytable
>>PRIMARY KEY (pk_column)
>>USING INDEX
>>PCTFREE 5
>>TABLESPACE tspace06;
>>
>>same "USING INDEX ... " syntax for unique constraint.

> Aah, I think I see your point now .
>
> [...]
>

>>I can think of no advantage to inline constraints unless one is
>>lazy and doesn't specify the full syntax required or doesn't put
>>constraints on all possible fields which is the recommended
>>practice.

> Thanks for the advice. I have the feeling that you are also a serious C
> developer :-)
>
> Vu

Actually my C starts and stops with Hello World. Took one course. Hated it. I think it is the dumbest language ever devised. Now Pascal ... that's a decent language. If Borland had chosen C and Microsoft Pascal we'd likely all be happier. No my background was Fortran and Cobol.

--
Daniel Morgan
damorgan_at_x.washington.edu
(replace 'x' with a 'u' to reply)