Re: Access violation in JREW.EXE while installing Oracle 8i

From: Ron <support_at_dbainfopower.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2004 12:18:17 -0800

Hello Derric,

   Generally you'd need to contact DBA to get access to metalink information.

   Please, check if this helps:

Problem Description:

You are attempting to install an Oracle 8i product using the

Oracle Universal Installer. After selecting products for installation,

a Dr. Watson Access Violation occurs on module JREW.EXE.

Solution Description:

You need to edit the IMAGEPATH registry entries for all Oracle Services in the

Windows Registry.

  1. Open the registry and navigate to the services:

    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE       SYSTEM         CURRENTCONTROLSET           SERVICES 2. Scroll down to the Oracle services. Highlight each one and check

    string value for the IMAGEPATH value. If this is longer than 256

    characters, you will need to cut the value out of the registry and

    save it to another file. Do this for each oracle service.

3. Install all desired products using the Universal Installer, then replace

    the IMAGEPATH registry values.

Regards,

  Ron
  DBA Infopower