Re: select current value of procedure arguments?

From: prl <prlawrence_at_lehigh.edu>
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2004 12:30:42 -0500

Gary Menchen wrote:

> it would be interesting to learn if anyone has tried grabbing the
> parameter list and using dynamic sql to load a record variable with the
> values...

Exactly what I thought I might do, but the question is *where* to SELECT the values from? The parameter names are readily accessible via sys.argument$ or all_arguments, but not so the values.

I tried some "symbolic dereferencing" using the parameter names and EXECUTE IMMEDIATE, but that led nowhere.

I'll next try the 'flexible parameter passing' recommended by Mark Stock.

prl Received on Tue Feb 17 2004 - 11:30:42 CST