Need help with basic PL/SQL block

From: Jack Overhiser <overhisj_at_ewashtenaw.org>
Date: 16 Feb 2004 08:09:25 -0800

I have taken over management of a data warehouse running on Oracle 9.2 & Windows 2000 Server. I would like to add some code to the daily load processing scripts that would check that a table has been loaded, that
is, has more than 0 records. I have .bat scripts that call SQL scripts. I'd like the SQL scripts to do a record count and if it is zero end with a non-zero return code. I think what I want to use is a PL/SQL block in the SQL script. I've come up with the following basic process. Can someone fill in the correct code to make it work? Thanks.

DECLARE
   recs number := 0;
BEGIN
   SELECT count(*) INTO recs FROM WarehouseTable;    IF recs = 0 THEN

      EXIT FAILURE;
   END IF;
END;
/

When I run it I get:

      EXIT FAILURE;
           *

ERROR at line 6:
ORA-06550: line 6, column 12:
PLS-00201: identifier 'FAILURE' must be declared
ORA-06550: line 6, column 7:

PL/SQL: Statement ignored Received on Mon Feb 16 2004 - 10:09:25 CST