Re: Functions and ref cursors

From: Mark <mark.harris.nospam_at_ukonline.co.uk.nospam>
Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2004 11:39:47 -0000

> Also consider what would happen if the
> dblink went down? You are creating a very weak link.

OK... but if I did it an alternative way, such as SELECTing from a view on databaseA in the procedure in databaseB, then there's also going to be problems whenever the dblink is down, surely? I can't get away from the fact that I'm selecting records over a database link...

Mark Received on Mon Feb 16 2004 - 05:39:47 CST