Re: Character Set

From: Matthias Lippmann <news_at_lippmannsoft.de>
Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2004 09:29:55 +0100

"Nicolas Bronke" wrote

> On one Windows System we have several Oracle instances. Because of some
> facts they have different Server Character sets. So far as good or bad. But
> we want to create by a routine dumpfiles on this machine.And here are the
> problem. Windows has only one NLS_LANG entry in the registry.
> So is it possible to change the characterset for the export, so that the
> dumpfile is corrrect?

Registry settings are used only when environment variables are not defined. For that, it is possible to set the appropriate environment variable NLS_LANG in a batch file from where you start sqlplus or any other client:

SET NLS_LANG=<whatever>

This setting will affect only this batch and dependent processes.

--
Kind Regards

Matthias Lippmann

Lippmann, Soldan und Partner