Re: it takes a long time to create a database

From: Sybrand Bakker <gooiditweg_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Sat, 14 Feb 2004 21:29:39 +0100

On Sat, 14 Feb 2004 21:27:53 +0100, Frank van Bortel <fvanbortel_at_netscape.net> wrote:

>Apart from that - one project may suffer from a bug, that
>causes a need to patch - where the other project has
>a demand to stay on this patch level. (because another
>bug was introduced, jeopardizing project2).

You are describing a typical third party stupidity. One of our customers is completely relying on third party sw, all of these products coming of different vendors. Yes, they have one instance per application. The server is saturated and all instances are most of the time doing nothing.

--
Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA