Re: Optimize Select on update column

From: Kalmact <kalmact_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 13 Feb 2004 01:26:35 -0800

May be we are talking about different things here. What I meant is, a forall can be used only for Inserts, updates or deletes. Now processing sounds more like pl/sql routines than sqls.. If I have to update without any other processing I would simply do UPDATE Table1
SET status = 'Y'
WHERE status = 'N'
AND non_unique_key_code = <key>;
rathen than doing bulk bind and for all...

Regards,
Kal