Re: Precompiler in Oracle 10g ?

From: Alexander Verkooijen <alexander_at_sara.nl>
Date: Fri, 13 Feb 2004 07:29:38 +0100

"Hans Forbrich" <hforbric_at_yahoo.net> wrote in message news:402C193E.4E05FE6C_at_yahoo.net...
> Alexander Verkooijen wrote:
> >
> > Hello,
> >
> > Does anybody know if the precompiler for C is included with
> > the 10g Enterprise Edition?
> > Or do I need to purchase an additional product?
> > For last two days I've been searching on the Oracle website
> > but I can't find a answer...
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Alexander
>
> Have you looked in the Install or the New Features document. I *think*
> I saw that mentioned there.
> /Hans

I did find the install guide and it had a section about installing the precompiler. But I also found a white paper from January 2004 "Oracle Database 10g Product Family" which spoke of a product called "Oracle Programmer". According to this white paper the precompiler was included in the Oracle Programmer product. That made me wonder whether the precompiler had to be ordered separately from the Enterprise Edition.

Alexander Received on Fri Feb 13 2004 - 00:29:38 CST