TNS listener process is there. But ps -ef does not show?

From: Yi Jin <yijin_at_wam.umd.edu>
Date: 12 Feb 2004 17:11:21 -0500

I need to remote access two Oracle 8 databases, one on Solaris 7 and the other on Solaris 8. I have problem with TNS listener on Solaris 7: TNS:no listener

I can see the process from top. But ps -ef does not display the that process. If I run lsnrctl start again, it will tell that the listener is running.

As a result, I can't access that database. The database on Solaris 8 is fine.

So what should I do? Thanks for the tip.

YJ Received on Thu Feb 12 2004 - 16:11:21 CST