Re: Advise needed: Can I use/learn Oracle quickly?

From: Erwin Moller <since_humans_read_this_I_am_spammed_too_much_at_spamyourself.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2004 09:53:45 +0100

> I think your chances of doing a good job vanishingly small. Your chances
> of fooling your friends fair-to-middling.

fooling my friends?
What makes you think that I will?
I won't fool them.
I told them immediately I know jack of Oracle but I will look into it.

> If you can't answer the following question I'd suggest you not even try:
>
> Q1: What architecture in Oracle, not present in any other major
> commercial database product, makes it possible for reads to not block
> writes and write to not block reads?

*sigh*
I have seen friendlier ng's...

As I wrote in my original posting: This is about REAL basic SQL stuff, no blocking, transactions, etc. Received on Thu Feb 12 2004 - 02:53:45 CST