Oracle9i/Liuvx9.0 Install Problem

From: Tom Jones <tomjones_at_lucent.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2004 16:26:40 -0500

I am installing oracle9i on redhat 9.0 ... I do not run the runInstall program directly from the cdrom ... I switched the display settings down to 256 colors (that was necessary to get the installation program to run under windows as I dual boot and already have Oracle running under win2k on this same hardware).

The install script works right up till I pass the review of settings portion and start the actual installer .. then the gui shows the following and hangs:

Installing Java Runtime Environment 1.1.8.0 Link Pending

copying README
0%

and hangs here .. the last line in the lob file is overwrite existing link = true

lots of people have problems installing Oracle on Linux of all stripes but a sear did not turn up this exact situation. is it the default version of Java?
any help out there?

Tom, Received on Tue Feb 10 2004 - 15:26:40 CST