Sort of numbers and letters

From: Florian Albrecht <Florian.Albrecht_at_gmx.de>
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2004 08:38:28 +0100

Hi there!

I want oracle to sort in a way that numbers will be sorted before letters (ascending). For example: 1 < 10 < 2 < 3 < a < b < c . Therefore I found that NLS_SORT has to be set to BINARY. Unfortunately I also want german umlauts (,,) to be treated as "ae", "oe" and "ue" or at least inserted to their best corrosponding ( to a, to o, ...). For this I have to change NLS_SORT to GERMAN. But then the numbers are at the end of the list.
In my case a sorted list should look like this: 1
10
2
3

b1
b10

Is there a chance to teach oracle this behaviour?

Thanks in advance!
Florian Received on Tue Feb 10 2004 - 01:38:28 CST