Re: new to oracle

From: ron <ronaldl._at_flymail.fm>
Date: Sat, 7 Feb 2004 16:26:16 -0000

"Jim Kennedy" <kennedy-downwithspammersfamily_at_attbi.net> wrote in message news:u58Vb.236806$I06.2660013_at_attbi_s01...

> "ron" <ronaldl._at_flymail.fm> wrote in message
> > Hi I am a student studying SQL and Oracle so I downloaded oracle version
> > 8.1.7 and installed it on my computer. Now here is the problem. I can't
> get
> > into it. I gave the database the name orac, the sid is orac, and the
> system
> > account password is manager. However on the password screen no matter
what
> > use, I always get invalid username/password; logon denied. So what is
the
> > default password and user name?
> > Thanks Ron
> >

> Do you mean SQL the language?
> Jim

if the following is SQL language then yes

                              Product (product_no, description, price)

                                   CREATE TABLE Product

                                   (

product_no number (5,0) NOT NULL,

                                   description varchar2 (30),

                                   price number (5,2)

);

                                    select * from product;

Studying 4gl and INTRODUCTION TO SQL IN ORACLE at college. I thought I could gain by practicing querying Oracle database at home as well as at college. At college the necessary files and programs are on a server somewhere. After seeing the size of the files I have on my computer no wonder it is on a server somewhere. A reboot solved the scott and tiger logon.Perhaps I should have paid more attention when I was installing the program. Thanks Ronald Received on Sat Feb 07 2004 - 10:26:16 CST