new to oracle

From: ron <ronaldl._at_flymail.fm>
Date: Sat, 7 Feb 2004 12:02:41 -0000

Hi I am a student studying SQL and Oracle so I downloaded oracle version 8.1.7 and installed it on my computer. Now here is the problem. I can't get into it. I gave the database the name orac, the sid is orac, and the system account password is manager. However on the password screen no matter what I use, I always get invalid username/password; logon denied. So what is the default password and user name?
Thanks Ron Received on Sat Feb 07 2004 - 06:02:41 CST