Problem applying 9.2.0.4 patch (Windows 32 bit) on Win XP Pro

From: Matt <mathewbutler_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 6 Feb 2004 22:53:44 -0800

The install of 9.2.0.1 went fine.

I downloaded the required patch, installed the OUI supplied with the patch as per the install notes. The installer indicated that some files that were to be patched were in use by a number of running services (non Oracle services). The installer provided a loong list of these services and requested that they be shut down before allowing the install.

I managed to stop most of these, but some refused to be stopped. THe end result is I cannot apply the patch (until I can stop the services).

Has anyone seen this? Is there a workaround? Metalink revealed nothing....my next stop is a support call.

THanks in advance,

Mat. Received on Sat Feb 07 2004 - 00:53:44 CST