Re: standard edition one 10g

From: Mark Townsend <markbtownsend_at_comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 04 Feb 2004 03:01:47 GMT

Hans Forbrich wrote:
> Matthias Wirtz wrote:
>

>>Hi,
>>
>>can someone point me to some docu that describes the differences between the
>>"standard edition" and the "standard edition one"?
>>
>>Where are the differences? Thx.
>>--
>>Matthias Wirtz - Norfolk, usa

> Read the new licensing document at http://docs.oracle.com in the 10G
> database section.
>
> A summary (which you should verify for yourself) is: 'Standard One' is
> 'Standard Edition' for 1-CPU-capable machines. Originally so-named to
> provide an inexpensive license of Standard Edition for machines capable
> of only 1 CPU. Apparently the defintion has just been changed a bit,
> but you can read that in the doc.

Hmm - you obviously missed the announcement today. The changes are a little more 'extreme'

See Oracle Database 10g Standard Edition Data Sheet (PDF) http://otn.oracle.com/products/database/oracle10g/pdf/ds_general_oracle_database10g_se_0104.pdf and Oracle Database 10g Standard Edition One Data Sheet (PDF) http://otn.oracle.com/products/database/oracle10g/pdf/ds_general_oracle_database10g_se1_0104.pdf Received on Tue Feb 03 2004 - 21:01:47 CST