Re: Oracle privileges and Crystal Reports

From: Turkbear <john.g_at_dot.spamfree.com>
Date: Tue, 03 Feb 2004 11:36:40 -0600

kplasun_at_hotmail.com (kris p) wrote:

>Hello everybody,
>
>I'm having trouble running some Crystal 8.5 reports that
>were created in and work with Oracle 8. The reports are
>printed from an application through the Oracle 8.1.77 ODBC
>driver and work intermittently. In the Crystal Reports
>designer they always work.
>
>Someone has told me that the privileges of the database
>that the reports were created in could affect whether the
>reports print or not in that a report could reach for data
>outside the user's schema/space/whatever and get data from
>a table of the same name, and would fail if the structure
>does not match the report's, if the report/database user
>has privileges that allow table access outside the user's
>schema/space/whatever. Any truth in that? The report itself
>is fine and I get the 0x80047602 error from Crystal, 'field
>not found'.
>
>Thanks in advance for any help.
>
>kristoff plasun

The tables used are set when the report is designed..If the user running the report does not have select ( at a minimum) rights to the table the report will fail. Usually, Crystal will use the fully-qualified table name i.e. schema.table_name, so it should never try to access any other table.

Use the Show Sql ( under the database manu option ) to see exactly what table(s) are being referenced.. Use the 'Verify Database' command ( same menu) to be sure it is correct.. Received on Tue Feb 03 2004 - 11:36:40 CST