Outer Join to a subquery alternative?

From: John <Nothanks_at_noaddress.com>
Date: Tue, 3 Feb 2004 13:46:06 +0000 (UTC)

Oracle doesnt like

select whatever
from maintable m,
childtable c
where c.seq(+)=(select max(seq) from childtable c where maintableseq=m.seq)

because it wont allow outer joins to a subquery. If I strip the (+) out, then I only get records from maintable which have an entry in childtable - I need them even if there isnt an entry in childtable.

Any ideas for a workaround?

Oracle 8.1.7.latest SE.

Thanks! Received on Tue Feb 03 2004 - 07:46:06 CST