JSP compile problem in JDeveloper 10g

From: stephen hartley <stephen_hartley_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 3 Feb 2004 01:15:24 -0800

Using JDeveloper 10g version 9.0.5.0.0 preview build 1375

I have a simple jsp which contains the following:

<%@ taglib uri="/WEB-INF/struts-bean.tld" prefix="bean" %>

which causes the following problem at translation time

Error(1): java.lang.IllegalArgumentException Error(1): Unable to load taghandler class: /WEB-INF/struts-bean.tld

The struts-bean.tld is present in the WEB-INF directory under the directory I specified as HTML root directory in the project's properties.

So as far as I can tell, this should work.... JDeveloper also underlines the opening tag symbol '<' as if it were trying to draw my attention to an error there which is puzzling. JDeveloper should know that this is a JSP file as when I added the file to the project I specified that it was to be a JSP.

I have also tried the advice given here

http://otn.oracle.com/tech/java/oc4j/904/release_notes/release-notes-904-preview.html

section 5.2 Known Issues with Web Containers

regarding turning off tld caching and specifiying the doctype attribute but neither of these seem to fix the problem...

My web.xml which is the WEB-INF directory contains the following

<taglib>
<taglib-uri>/WEB-INF/struts-bean.tld</taglib-uri>
<taglib-location>/WEB-INF/struts-bean.tld</taglib-location>
</taglib>

Anybody got any ideas on this or seen it before?

Thanks

Stephen Received on Tue Feb 03 2004 - 03:15:24 CST