Re: Crystal Reports 8.5 with Oracle 9i

From: R. Morgan <rmorgan_at_tulane.edu>
Date: 2 Feb 2004 14:20:55 -0800

adam.brasic_at_cgey.com (Adam Brasic) wrote in message news:<904b0f0.0401131034.31e695c3_at_posting.google.com>...
> Turkbear and Dan-
> Thanks for the input. The oracle DB we are using is 9i- I only
> mentioned 8i as that was the latest version that the DB team at
> Crystal Decisions(Business Objects) said was reliably supported by CR
> 8.5.
> Anyway, we are reaching do or die status on the project here, and
> the input that you both had on CR 9 is somewhat sobering. I believe
> that I will try a re-install of CR 8.5, and then see if that clears up
> any of the connectivity issues that I'm facing. If that doesn't work,
> then I hope that they don't shoot the messenger (when I tell them that
> none of the above is working ;-)
>
> I appreciate your insite and your replies- I'll post back with
> final resolution of the problem.
>
> Adam

You have probably seen this document. If you have and it didn't help, I apologize.

'What are the supported platforms for Crystal Enterprise 8.5?'

http://support.businessobjects.com/library/kbase/articles/c2011138.asp

According to the document, Oracle 9i IS a supported database server for the Crystal Enterprise 8.5 platform.

You definitely might try the ODBC driver. It cannot hurt.

The document below can help with the driver/version cross-referencing and has great examples for using Oracle stored procs.

http://support.businessobjects.com/communityCS/TechnicalPapers/scr_oracle_stored_procedures.pdf.asp?recDnlReq=Record&dnlPath=scr_oracle_stored_procedures.pdf

Also, what client version are you using to hit the Oracle 9i DB?

Let me know and I'll keep looking on this end.

R. Morgan Received on Mon Feb 02 2004 - 16:20:55 CST