Oracle Collaboration Suite and BlackBerry support

From: bombadil <me_at_privacy.net>
Date: Mon, 02 Feb 2004 12:46:04 +0100

Hi,
we are looking for BlackBerry support in Oracle Collaboration Suite (R2) and it looks like we need Consilient2:

<http://www.consilient.net/>
Consilient2 is a complete wireless solution for Oracle. Consilient2 extends OracleŽ Collaboration Suite to any BlackBerry Wireless Handheld or Java-enabled device. Consilient2 is complete wireless solution for Oracle that expands with the wireless needs of users.

Unfortunately the Consilient2 solution requires Microsoft Windows 2000, Microsoft Exchange 2000 and BlackBerry Enterprise Server (that runs only on the Windows platform).

We plan to run OCS on Linux and would like to avoid using Microsoft products if feasible ...

Is there any alternative solution running on Linux in order to support BlackBerry with OCS?

Thanks. Received on Mon Feb 02 2004 - 05:46:04 CST