Oracle export

From: rod <toto_at_toto.fr>
Date: 30 Jan 2004 11:55:57 GMT

Hi,

Is it possible to export ONLY the schema from a DEV database to a PRODUCTION database.
I would like to do that when I add a new column within an existing database(this column is set, for example, to NOT NULL DAFAULT 0) on my DEV environment. Then I would like to update the schema on the PROD environment.

So I want to see the new column but, of course, I want to keep the datas on the PROD.
The exp command with rows=N is not working. If the Table already exists, it is not doing anything!! It is not able to add the new column and set the default value for each row!!

Is it possible to do it using 'exp' or using another command? I would like to not use a script to do it.

Thanks

Rod

--
Ce message a ete poste via la plateforme Web club-Internet.fr
This message has been posted by the Web platform club-Internet.fr

http://forums.club-internet.fr/