Warning: Package body created with compilation errors

From: SJWalker <walkersj_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 29 Jan 2004 15:10:23 -0800

I can't figure this one out. I'm using Toad and creating packages but I keep getting the error message: "Warning: Package body created with compilation errors" when trying to compile a package body.

Here is a simple extract from a widely available random number generator. I would expect this to compile with no prob but, alas, it doesn't. I've combed the code for syntax error and can't find any. Could one of you Oracle gurus take a look at this and tell me: 1. Why is this script generating the error message? 2. Is there some way to get a better description of the compiler error that is occuring? Either through the Toad UI or via a SQL command?

/**********************************************************/
CREATE OR REPLACE PACKAGE GenRand AS
PROCEDURE ChangeSeed(p_NewSeed IN NUMBER); END GenRand;

CREATE OR REPLACE PACKAGE BODY GenRand AS

      v_Seed NUMBER := 1;

   PROCEDURE ChangeSeed(p_NewSeed IN NUMBER) IS    BEGIN
      v_Seed := p_NewSeed;
   END ChangeSeed;

BEGIN
   ChangeSeed(TO_NUMBER(TO_CHAR(SYSDATE, 'SSSSS'))); END GenRand;

Thanks for you help
SWalker Received on Thu Jan 29 2004 - 17:10:23 CST