ORA-12560: TNS:protocol adapter error on Win NT w/8i and 9i Databases

From: Brett Baloun <blbaloun_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 28 Jan 2004 13:49:01 -0800

Hello,

I receive an ORA-12560: TNS:protocol adapter error when I try the following:
sqlplus /nolog
conn / as sysdba

I currently have 8i installed and working properly on the same machine. I used DBCA to install the new 9i software. I am now trying to connect to sqlplus so I can create the Database. I am using Remote Administrator to work on the machine. I think I set all of the correct parameters on the machine, but is there a document somewhere to determine the specific parameters that are necessary?

Any assistance that you can give me would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you - Brett Received on Wed Jan 28 2004 - 15:49:01 CST