Re: Input array string

From: Mark C. Stock <mcstockX_at_Xenquery>
Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2004 19:23:52 -0500

"roger" <rsr_at_rogerware.com> wrote in message news:Xns947DA141A7473rsrrogerwarecom_at_204.127.204.17...
| "Mark C. Stock" <mcstockX_at_Xenquery .com> wrote in
|
| > roger,

| I wish:)
|

| > i'm not sure how you do it in .NET, but i seem to remember being
| > able to pass an array via ADO as a PL/SQL indexed table
|
| OK, we'll stick with ADO then, since I know that it can't be
| done with ADO.NET...
|
| How do you create that PL/SQL indexed table in ADO?

what i'm recalling from by VB ADO days was that the driver provider automatically translated a VB array into the PL/SQL table expected by the stored procedure -- i'm quite sure this was possible for both input and output.

so there was no special syntax on the VB side, no need for VB to know anything about that the stored procedure used PL/SQL objects and not VB objects, it was all done by the driver

unfortunately, it's been quite a few years, so i don't have any of the references right handy, but i can't imagine something that was possible 5 or 6 years would not be possible with MS's 'new and improved' toolset